1. Sports

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Retirement Shocker! Justin McBride will Retire at Seasons's End

By October 21, 2008

(Courtesy of PBR) Two-time and reigning PBR World Champion Justin McBride (Elk City, Okla.) announced today that he will retire from the sport of bull riding at a press conference held at Silverton Casino Lodge in Las Vegas.

One of the most decorated bull riders in PBR history, the defending World Champ recently crossed the $5 million mark in career earnings in September 2008, making him the richest cowboy in history. In his ten year career, McBride has set an extensive list of records including 32 career event wins; the most money earned in a single season ($1,835,321); and eight single season event wins among many others.

Comments

October 30, 2008 at 4:39 pm
(1) Nicholas Gannon says:

Congratulations to Justin McBride for all his hard work and effort in the PBR. I hope to still see his face around and hopefully he can be a guiding light in my future PBR accomplishments. God speed to him and his family.

November 2, 2008 at 12:27 am
(2) Darolyn says:

You deserve it! I have a five year old son that adores you. He eats sleeps and drinks Bullriding. He hopes to be a world champion just like you. Congrats and lots of luck. May God Bless you and your future. You will be greatly missed.

November 10, 2008 at 3:37 pm
(3) MARY ELLEN GUARDI says:

The very first time I saw you ride, I was hooked. Never before have I seen the intensity and charisma in an athelete as you have shown. I know you shall succeed in whatever you cooose to pursue. God Bless you and your family. May you have a son to follow in your footsteps. There is no better example than the one you have shown.

Best wishes,
Mary Ellen Guardi

November 11, 2008 at 7:36 pm
(4) Peggy says:

We will surely miss you and your fantastic riding … We will also miss Adriano..and our hearts were sad for him ‘hanging it up’..
Both of you will enjoy spending more time with your family and ranchlife.

November 22, 2008 at 1:05 pm
(5) Sean says:

I am 10 years old and I have watched you ride for a long time. I think you are an awesome bullrider. I understand you have a baby now though and it is time for you to retire. I will miss watching you ride, but I know somehow you will still be involved in rodeos. I have done a little bullriding, but my mom worries about my safety so I will probably be a stock contractor. I wish you the best of luck.
Sincerely,
Sean Neal

November 25, 2008 at 12:19 pm
(6) gale torske says:

My wife and I will miss you riding we saw you
win in Dallas a couple of years ago and then
in tulsa this year. since you were formally
from Nebraska it was nice to see you and ride
and we also saw you ride in kearney,ne. Your
wife was selling shirts and we have one so will keep it.

December 27, 2008 at 11:25 am
(7) Rose says:

God, I first started watching bull riding in 2005 so I’m really a novice. But Justin Mcbride caught my eye right away and I couldn’t get enough. I have a few other favorites I like to see get somewhere, but to me, it just won’t be the same without watching Justin ride. I’m totally heartbroken, but wish him well just the same.

January 11, 2009 at 10:10 pm
(8) Liz Strickland says:

I will miss watching you ride. God Bless you and your family. You have a beautiful little girl. You were my champion all along. What are your plans now,will you do broadcasting?
Tell J.W. hi for me. I have been watching bull riding for somewhere betwwen 15-20 years.

Liz Strickland