Rapid City, SD.
January 31 - February 3, 2008
The Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo is the third stop on the New Wrangler ProRodeo Tour, the PRCA's premier series of rodeo. This year the tour will expand to 26 rodeos and will culminate in 4 Ariat Playoff Series events at the end of the year. The beauty of the Black Hills are matched only by the excitement of their rodeo!
The big story coming from Rapid City was bareback rider Cleve Schmidt (of Belle Fourche, S.D.) who took home his second consecutive ProRodeo Tour victory. Schmidt also won the title at the National Western Stock Show & Rodeo in January.
With 167 total points on two horses, he beat Dustin Reeves (of Owanka, S.D.) by one point to take home the Rapid City win. Chalk one up for the local boys.
2008 Black Hills Rodeo Average Winners:
- Bareback: Cleve Schmidt (167 points on 2)
- Steer Wrestling: Tie for First Kyle Hughes and Nick Guy (16.4 seconds on 3)
- Team Roping: Justin Yost / Jory Levy (18.2 seconds in 3 runs)
- Saddle Bronc: J.J. Elshere (168 points on 2)
- Tie-Down Roping: Jerrad Hofstetter (27.3 seconds in 3 runs)
- Barrel Racing: Tamra Musick (37.27 with 3 runs)
- Bull Riding: Brian Curtis (175 points on 2)
2008 Black Hills Rodeo Final Round Winners:
- Bareback: Heath Ford - 86 points on Moon Blast
- Steer Wrestling: Garrett Nokes - 5.3 seconds
- Team Roping: Justin Yost / Jory Levy - 5.3 seconds
- Saddle Bronc: J.J. Elshere - 85 points on Blood Brother
- Tie-Down Roping: Seth Childers - 8.7 seconds
- Barrel Racing: Denise Loyd - 12.39 seconds
- Bull Riding: Brian Curtis - 90 points on China Grove
Get more Schedules and Results from the 2008 season.PRCA.)